Home security systems have come a long way in recent years, with smart technology on the rise. These days, there’s a lot of information to take in when you’re looking for the best system for your home. What kind of services can you expect for your expenditure? The better-rated systems can be pretty costly, after all.
ADT and Protect America are both popular choices for homeowners across the country. They have a few differences which we’ll look at here, to help you make a choice between the two.
ADT Security Features
ADT is probably the best-known security company in the world. After all, they’ve been around since 1874!
Their popular Pulse system is secure, modern, and sophisticated, but it doesn’t come cheap – and you won’t be able to install it yourself.
They have their own team of installers, and charge you accordingly. You’ll also pay a monthly maintenance cost on top of your monitoring fees.
ADT is still growing their home automation portfolio, but you can expect a responsive and easy-to-use system. You can even sync it up with your Smart Watch.
ADT has 24/7 monitoring, just like Protect America and other security companies – but they also have 24/7 customer service, unlike most other service providers. You might pay more, but you’ll get more peace of mind.
If you want to quit your ADT service while you’re still under contract, you’re obliged to pay ADT 75 % of whatever monthly fees you would still owe up until the end of your contract period. Put it this way: signing a contract with ADT is like a marriage that’s great while it lasts, but the divorce settlement is a real eye-opener.
ADT Pros and Cons
- ADT’s customer service hotline is open for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- They offer a very long trial period, so you can decide if you like their services.
- ADT offers a great range of equipment and apps for ease of monitoring and control.
- ADT is one of the most expensive providers on the market.
- You’ll be required to sign a three-year contract – and it has a heavy termination penalty.
- ADT has its own installers – no DIY option available.
Protect America Security Features
Protect America has a selection of service packages to suit your needs and budget.
They supply all the equipment and you set it up yourself – no installation team in your house, and no setup fees required.
Protect America’s service packages will give you 24/7 monitoring and home automation, and they have their own mobile app that lets you access the system remotely. The same services come with each package, and the prices depend on how much equipment you want.
Protect America systems come with a 3-year contract and a 60-day termination clause. On the upside, you’ll get your equipment without any upfront fees, and you won’t have to replace or repair it yourself.
Protect America Pros and Cons
- You can install and configure the system easily by yourself.
- You don’t need to pay any installation or monthly maintenance fees.
- You can choose between landline, broadband or cell connectivity.
- Protect America doesn’t supply outdoor cameras.
- Protect America’s contract is for a minimum of three years, and they have a 60-day notice of termination.
*Article written by and was published with permission from myhomesecuritypro.com – original article published here.