Home security and home automation are available at the touch of a button these days. You can easily control any aspect of your home remotely, as well as have detailed alerts sent to a 24-hour monitoring company.
What’s not so easy is deciding which home security system offers you not only peace of mind, but also the sophisticated automation features you want. Affordability is also a big factor for many homeowners.
If you’ve narrowed your search down to either Protect America or Vivint, we can help you make your choice!
Vivint Security Features
Vivint smart home systems come at a premium price, but once you’ve decided on a plan, you can sit back and relax. Vivint sends its technicians to your house to install everything and show you how it all works.
You can control the Vivint system remotely using the Android and iOS apps provided for free. You’ll be able to see how many doors and windows are open, and which doors are unlocked. You’ll be able to lock and unlock your doors remotely, and arm or disarm your system as you please. Home temperature control is also a feature of some of the packages – a remote thermostat can save you 10-12% savings on heating and 15% savings on cooling per year.
One of the best features of Vivint’s system is the HD doorbell camera, with a 180-degree view and a 10-foot night vision range. This is great for monitoring who’s at your door or porch gate. You can communicate with a two-way system, and record any activity. Those notorious porch pirates, intent on stealing your delivered packages, had better beware!
Vivint will get you to sign a 3.5 to 5-year contract, which is one of the longest in the home security industry.
- Vivint offers one of the best video doorbells on the market.
- The home automation features are pretty advanced
- You’ll have full communication with every part of your house – no more yelling from the top floor into the basement!
- A basic equipment setup can cost you upwards of $800 in total.
- You have to sign up for a lengthy contract.
Protect America Security Features
Protect America has a range of packages with varying features and levels of functionality. Their offers are all DIY – you install the equipment yourself (with help from customer support if you need). You save on setup and maintenance fees.
The hub of your security system is the Touchscreen Control Panel that connects all your smart home devices. You’ll be able to monitor all of your sensors, and control the temperature in the house. You can also arm or disarm your system with the control panel.
Protect America gives you 24/7 monitoring, and their own mobile app that lets you access your system remotely.
Protect America will get you to sign a 3-year contract with a 60-day termination clause. You won’t own your own equipment – if you cancel your monitoring package, technicians will uninstall your system. But – you also won’t ever have to repair or replace the equipment yourself.
- The DIY system means there’s no installation or maintenance fees.
- Protect America will give you a decent basic system for a reasonable price.
- You can choose between landline, broadband or cell connectivity.
- There are no outdoor cameras supplied with a Protect America system.
- The indoor camera has a pretty limited range of vision.
- You might get caught unawares with their 60-day termination clause.
*Article written by and was published with permission from myhomesecuritypro.com – original article published here.