If you’re shopping around for home security companies, they all seem pretty similar at first glance. However, you might be surprised to learn that the perfect home security system for one household could be completely wrong for someone else.
Most companies will offer you the basics – security equipment, monitoring, and dispatch of emergency services if needed. The difference comes when you want a system that’s tailored to your specific needs. Perhaps you want the most affordable monthly monitoring system out there, or a system that connects you even in a remote rural area.
Two of the highest-rated home security companies are Frontpoint and Protect America. Keep reading to find out what each company is best at, and which system is right for you!
Frontpoint Security Features
Some home security systems consist of DIY setups that let you keep tabs on your home, but it’s up to you to monitor the action and call the authorities if your alarm is tripped. These systems are the least expensive. A Frontpoint home security system sits smack in the middle of this range: you install the equipment yourself, and the company provides 24/7 monitoring. All their packages come with either a one-year or three-year contract.
- Frontpoint security systems are easy to install yourself.
- The package options and extra equipment are reasonably priced.
- You can choose optional indoor or outdoor cameras.
- You can use Frontpoint to set up home automation with certain packages.
- You’ll have to sign up for a long-term contract – and they’ll check your credit rating to determine your fee level.
- You’ll need a top-tier plan to view live and recorded video.
- There’s no landline connectivity option available.
Protect America Security Features
Protect America’s service packages all offer break-in monitoring, home automation, and remote access via their mobile app. Their package prices depend on the type of equipment you need – the more you’re willing to pay per month, the more equipment you’ll get.
Protect America supplies the wireless home security equipment that comes with the package you’ve selected. You’ll have to set it up yourself, but don’t worry about getting out the toolbox – the equipment is easily attached with adhesive patches.
You’ll have to sign up for a three-year contract, and you’ll be billed monthly. Make sure you read over your contract carefully – most bad online reviews for Protect America are based on contract disputes!
Protect America offers the option of monitoring your equipment over a landline, the internet, or cell network. The least expensive package uses your existing landline, while cellular and broadband monitoring options are more expensive.
With Protect America, you don’t own the equipment. This is good news for some homeowners, as it means they’ll replace or repair your equipment if it fails.
- Protect America offers price matching for any other quote you get – if it has the same features and length of the contract.
- The system is easy to install and configure, even with limited DIY or tech skills.
- No up-front fees are required.
- You get highly responsive sensors and 24/7 monitoring.
- You have a choice between landline, broadband or cellular network connectivity.
- Protect America doesn’t supply outdoor cameras.
- Their sales pitch is pretty aggressive – make sure you know what they offer before signing up.
- They work on a three-year contract with a 60-day termination clause.
*Article written by and was published with permission from myhomesecuritypro.com – original article published here.